Here at Seymour Veterinary Hospital we are able to offer laser therapy as an alternative treatment for pain, inflammation, swelling, stiffness and trauma.
Laser therapy is a completely non-invasive treatment that activates cells to help repair tissues. Our nurses are fully trained in K Laser therapy, and offer the treatments in their nurse consultations. You are able to stay with your pet whilst they have the treatment.
Laser therapy can be used to treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Degenerative joint disease.
- Spinal disc disease.
- Traumas such as ligament or muscle damage.
- Ear disease.
Benefits of laser therapy:
- Reduces pain and inflammation without any side effects.
- Can be used for acute and chronic injuries or wounds.
- Treatment can be customised to specific conditions or injuries (time of treatment and wavelength of light can be altered).
- Can improve healing time.
- Treatment sessions are quick, non-stressful and painless.
- Improved post-operative comfort.
Treatments may be covered by some insurance companies, so we recommend getting in contact with your pets insurer to see if your policy will cover it.
If you feel that your pet would benefit from laser therapy, please arrange an appointment with a vet who will assess your pet fully and decide if it is an appropriate treatment.